For the past three decades, Kevin Tomlin, UK visual artist, has been working diligently and tirelessly towards what has become a lifelong passion, the study of unique musical sounds indigenous to various cities and regions in the United States.
Kevin Tomlin is the creator of this website – Signature Sounds Online. He has a passion for Music History as well as Fine Art.
He received his formal train in Fine Arts from Jamaica School of Art in the sunny island of Jamaica in 1978 and St. Martin School of Art in London, England in 1980. His exhibits include “Sound of the Cities Music Icons”, paintings of music icons such as Teddy Pendergrass, Barry White and Isaac Hayes to name a few.
From the mid 1980s to the end of the 1990s while he was living in South Florida , Kevin conducted both one man and joint exhibits and workshops on “Behind the Scenes Stories on Rhythm and Blues Music Icons” and “Sounds of The Cities” in honour of Black Music Month.
His studies are reflective, moving depictions of the lush countryside and quaint portraits of England.
- Carrfour Corporation, Miami, Florida-1999
- Broward County Library Service, Fort Lauderdale, Florida -1996
- Dr Richard Powell-Tampa, Florida-1987
- Michael Lowe, Holy Cross Hospital, Fort Lauderdale, Florida-1986
- Whitticker Management Services, London, England-1985
- SkyOceanShipping and Travel, London, England-1985
- Rev Burrell Book cover design and illustration, London, England-1984
See more Art from Kevin Tomlin instagram. @kevintomlinart